Photographing families is always a unique experience, given the fact each family is entirely different! Parents are typically cooperative, but the kids, on the other hand, well, that can be another story. Today, I am sharing fun and fool-proof ways to entertain your children and get them excited about your upcoming family photography session!
1. Let them choose their outfits! Sure, go ahead and give them a few to select from for obvious reasons. This allows them to have the freedom to pick what they want to wear. Ta-da! Watch how proud they are come session day.
2. Set an award following your session. Tell them afterward, that you will all go to the movie theater to see a new movie out and grab some popcorn and drinks!
3. Simply talk about it. Make it a privilege, not a hassle. If you amp them up and let them know how exciting these photo sessions are, they will show up more excited and ready to go! Talk about me too, either as Miss Nikki, Nikki, the crazy photo lady, the lady with the corny jokes, whatever gets them laughing and excited!
4. Show them other family sessions. This could be famous people they see in their favorite shows or movies. They will want to follow in these footsteps!
5. Maybe they are caught up in the social media world. Let them know you plan on posting these to Facebook or Instagram and have them check how many 'likes' they receive!
6. As a parent, ultimately, your attitude will carry over to your kids. Just show up smiling, happy, and ready to go. I am sure they will follow suit. I also always have a few tricks up my sleeve (some may even include a fart gun or bubbles), but I always want to capture your little one's personality as perfect as it is in that moment!!
Show these fun and amazing sessions to your kiddos and they'll be even more excited for their own!